Your SSL website may fail to load and display the error
Error code: ssl_error_rx_record_too_long
This usually means the implementation of SSL on your server is not correct. The error is usually caused by a server side problem which the server administrator will need to investigate.
Below are some things we recommend trying.
– Ensure that port 443 is open and enabled on your server. This is the standard port for https communications.
– If SSL is using a non-standard port then FireFox 3 can sometimes give this error. Ensure SSL is running on port 443.
– If using Apache2 check that you are using port 443 for SSL. This can be done by setting the ports.conf file as follows
— clip —
Listen 443 https
— clip —
– Make sure you do not have more than one SSL certificate sharing the same IP. Please ensure that all SSL certificates utilise their own dedicated IP.
– If using Apache2 check your vhost config. Some users have reported changing <VirtualHost> to _default_ resolved the error.